Tranquil, calming and relaxed by day – energetic, unforgettable and party-hard by night, Gay Ibiza has something for absolutely everyone.
Gorgeous beaches, wild nightlife, booze-fuelled boat cruises, luxury hotels and endless happy hours might be the more famous appeals of Ibiza, but for those in the know, there is also hidden hamlets, quiet beaches, beautiful hikes, secluded coves, and a rich history to discover. Much like Europe’s other most popular gay beach getaways – Sitges and Mykonos, Ibiza has risen to almost mythical status as a gaycation destination and shows no signs of abating.
The most spirited party destination in the Spanish Balearic island group, Ibiza is the undisputed nightlife capital of the Mediterranean attracting millions of gay and straight summer holidaymakers each year. While parts of the island have arguably been ruined by development, large swaths of Ibiza are protected from growth, so if you seek to get away from the crowds there are always places to enjoy world-class panoramas in solitude.
Expats from all over the world call Ibiza home, giving it a very cosmopolitan feel – and basically everywhere and everybody is gay-friendly though there is a glut of gay hotels, beaches, club nights and even an entire street – Calle de la Virgen – filled with relaxed terrace bars just for us queers! Most gay travelers chose to stay either around here in the Ibiza Town, close to the most popular gay bars, and shops or the nearby old town of Figueretas with a beach, but still within walking distance of the Ibiza gay nightlife. Other popular options are also Playa d’en Bossa, between Ibiza Town and the famous Es Cavallet gay beach, or across the island in San Antonio with the Axel gay resort and the Purple Hotel.
Spain is undoubtedly one of the world’s most gay-friendly country and while the Catholic Church still holds a lot of sways here, LGBT acceptance in Ibiza (and other urban centers like Valencia, Seville, Madrid, and Salamanca) is very high and international DJs are more revered than any god. As big as it already is, the gay scene in Ibiza is still growing as word continues to spread and more bars, clubs, hotels, sauna, and cafes battle it out for the almighty Pink Dollar. Yes, we all know the gays all love a good trend and in Ibiza, everything has snowballed so that today many bars and restaurants in Ibiza has resorted to calling themselves hetero-friendly!
If you are here to party, then the scene blazes throughout July and August to wrap up in September as Europeans flock from the big cities to coastal resorts – and prices soar. However, outside of these times, there is still gorgeous nature, plenty of fabulous hotel deals and places to explore. No matter when you visit, however, striking sunsets, boho-glam style, divine dining, and just-perfect cocktails await.
Welcome to Gay Ibiza!
Gay Ibiza Guide: The Essential Guide To LGBT Travel In Ibiza Spain
In this article we will cover...
Attractions in Gay Ibiza
Being gay does not define which attraction most of us will want to see in each city and most queer tourists will simply want to check out the top things to see in Ibiza during the day!
Ibiza is a very safe island, but still, all travelers should take caution with valuables. Gay people in Ibiza do not need to make any precautions at all regarding public displays of affection in this very progressive city, and we encourage you to experience what true freedom feels like. There are so few places in the world as uninhibited and liberating for gay couples as Ibiza, and this is something every one of us should be able to experience every day!
Whoah! We’re going to Ibiza
Whoah! Back to the island
Whoah! We’re gonna have a party
Whoah! In the Mediterranean Sea
Ibiza has so many things to do it can be overwhelming, but most gay travelers simply head for the Old Town at night or the gay beach during the day. We, however, enjoyed exploring food markets, architecture, art, the islands quirkier towns and relaxing by our luxe hotel pool – cocktail in hand. If you are not sure where to go, take a peek at our gay map of Ibiza at the end to get an idea of where all the gay bars, clubs, cafes and stores are.
Having said that, here are just a few of our favorite things to do in Ibiza to get you started!
Top Highlights Of Gay Ibiza
- Calle de la Virgen – The gay walking street of Ibiza is always the best place to head to when you are not sure what to do. Shops, restaurants gay bars with terraces for people watching – plus the ES Collection underwear store and sex shop Sa Majesté. You haven’t been to Gay Ibiza if you haven’t been to Calle de la Virgen…
- Oceanbeat Ibiza Boat Party – Take the party spirit of Ibiza out on to the sea with this all-inclusive, VIP boat-party experience. Spend an unforgettable day dancing to DJs and sipping drinks alongside 300 of your fellow partiers onboard the island’s largest party boat. Kick it all off with a champagne breakfast and watch the music and entertainment unfold as you float on the waves. Later, enjoy entry to one of the island’s super-clubs. There is no gay exclusively gay boat parties in Ibiza but you will be in mixed company on this welcoming-to-all boat party – and after a few drinks, who knows what will happen!
- San Jordi Market – If somehow you are not hungover this large car boot sale in the Hippodrome of Sant Jordi takes place every Saturday in peak season and is a sight to behold. Great bargains, popular with locals, live music and a bar – plus plenty of hidden treasures and tacky souvenirs.
- Chiringay – A hallmark of Gay Ibiza, this fabulous beach bar and restaurant is happening for all the right reasons with a stunning location, rainbow flags and attentive service. Located at Playa Es Cavallet, the most popular gay beach on Ibiza, there are super friendly – and organized staff – with great food and delicious cocktails. They have dessert, but the views of magnificent men tanning seaside was our preferred after-meal treat. It simply doesn’t get much better than this!
- Quad Bike Sunset Tour – When the sun sets on the beauty of Ibiza, the sky get an amazing combination of colors that will get engraved in your memory! Hop on a quad or a buggy and discover Ibiza’s outdoorsy side! You will initiate your adventure from San Antonio, and crossing Es Broll, the colors of sunset will start to surprise you. San Mateo and Santa Agnes are two lovely villages that you can’t just not possibly miss. After a brief stop at a traditional hostel, next to an amazing cliff on the north coast of the island, you’ll make a toast watching a spectacular sunset, clear your mind and just contemplate the greatness!
- Jet Skiing – If you are into speed and you’ve always wanted to try to cruise over waves on a jet ski, this is your opportunity! Jet ski are small water-crafts that are really easy to drive and control, also they are super fun and you won’t require a permit to drive them! Be free to let your adrenaline and speed junkie loose.
- Open Water Scuba Diver course – Thanks to Ibiza’s subtropical weather, learning to scuba dive here is a great way to spend a few days. From the mysterious Margarita Islands in the north or Es Vedra in the south-east passing, or the Cala D’Hort National Park, the crystal clear waters allow up to 40 meters of visibility and the temperature varies between 14°C during winter and 26°C in the summer. The full course takes 4 days, in the first sessions you will be taught the theoretical aspects so you can learn to use the equipment in proper matter, the safety measures and the communication system used underwater. Then you’ll gear up and go into the pool, or shallow waters, you can put these newly obtained skills into practice. Finally, 4 open water immersions will consolidate your knowledge.
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding – Discover the beauty of the coast of one of the most famous Spanish Islands, Ibiza. During a SUP excursion, you’ll have the chance to see Ibiza in a new light! Ibiza has been declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and hosts an exceptional flora and fauna and unique coastal and marine ecosystems, and now you will be able to witness all this magnificence while paddling peacefully. You can either come alone, in a couple or with you whole crew. It is a unique experience where everyone regardless of age can enjoy – so why not give it a go!
- Kayaking – It might seem that everywhere there is water, there will be kayaks, and that is because it’s incredibly fun to paddle over water! Now imagine doing it at beautiful Ibiza! Experience the magical feeling of exploring the coast of Ibiza and discovering spots only accessible by water, and the best thing about it is that kayak can be done by anyone, so you can paddle along with your partner, solo or friends; fun for everyone! Sit comfortably on a kayak and start paddling over the blue sea to caves, nooks, and crannies and relax by the gentle rocking of the ocean!
- Gay beaches in Ibiza – All beaches in Ibiza are gay-friendly, but Es Cavellet is the only really “official” gay beach popular with tanned, gorgeous men in the latest fashionable underwear. This is where Ibiza and gay world collide and is not to be missed. The beach at Figueretas is also very gay-popular, thanks to the Chaos gay bar and Cenit hotel being found nearby. While the Es Cavellet gay beach is a gay nudist beach, at other spots on the island straight and gay birthday suit revelers mix including Las Salinas with a spot for nuder bathers past Sa Trinxa, and Cala Conta also has a busy nude area. Aguas Blancas in the north is secluded and difficult to reach, but if you are going out with a lover, this certainly has its advantages…
Gay Events In Ibiza
Gay and mixed clubbing events take place almost every day in Ibiza during the peak season and make up the majority of the annual gay events here but there are two specific one-off events wort planning entire trips around – included a lesbian festival proving Ibiza isn’t just for the boys.
- Ibiza Gay Pride – After being on hiatus for a number of years, Ibiza Pride came back with a vengeance in 2017 and is now firmly re-established as one of the biggest gay events of the year taking place four days in July. A pride full of revindication, emotion and lots of fun + expositions, concerts, presentations, talks, arts, theatre, beach days are more… For the night lovers, there is an intense clubbing agenda with parties for all tastes & styles. Without any doubt, however, the most-awaited and inspiring event is the Pride march parade for LGBT+ rights, celebrated on Saturday afternoon. Growing bigger and strong with each passing year, don’t hesitate to bring out all the colors possible and take to the streets to show your Pride!
- Velvet Ibiza – Ibiza is not all for the boys, and in May every year queer girls come out in force for 5 days & nights of pool parties, music, sports, beaches, clubbin’ and girls in one location. Sun, sea, beach, pool and hundreds of gorgeous women, what more could a lesbian dream of? Billed as one of the best lesbian festivals in the world, up there with Aqua Girl in Miami, Club Skirts Dinah Shore Weekend in Palm Springs and L-Beach in Hamburg – so book your tickets and hotels in advance to avoid missing out!
Gay-friendly and Gay Hotels in Ibiza Spain
While basically every hotel in Ibiza is friendly and welcoming to the LGBT community, there are some that make an exceptional effort to be part of gay Ibiza.
While there used to be more than a dozen hotels exclusively for gay men, there are now only three gay hotels in Ibiza – a sign of the more liberal / mixed times we guess. These three hotels – and a few other hotspots – are still regarded as a crucial part of the gay scene however because of their location and history. Some other hotels are just known as being exceptionally welcoming of gay guests, have fabulous design, great value and luxurious touches which we have also included here.
In most of the below options, you’ll find sheer decadent luxury, contemporary design, and delicious in-house restaurants – along with plenty of other gay guests. If Ibiza wasn’t so amazing, we’d never leave some of these hotels!
There are hundreds of other good hotel option in Ibiza if you don’t find what you are looking for but we are confident you’ll find something here for you. Whether you want a fun and social hostel, a cheap place to crash after a night of partying or a chic designer option to sip cocktails and surround yourself with fabulous people – Gay Ibiza as something for everyone!
Gay Hotels in Ibiza
- The Purple Hotel by Ibiza Feeling ☆☆☆☆ – Lit up by the magical Mediterranean light, The Purple Hotel opens its doors to reveal Ibiza’s gay scene in its purest form. A gay adults-only hotel in the center of San Antonio, where exquisite service and contemporary elegance of the facilities transform any stay into a unique experience. Enjoy peaceful, trendy rooms, all-day dining at the chic A Pinch of Purple restaurant, divine cocktails in the buzzing bar, free club tickets, and a relaxing pool to socialize around. You will find complimentary lightning-fast Internet access, should you be tempted to spend the night in watching gay coming out movies. There is no judgment here, and really – what more could a gay traveler ask for than that?
- Casa Alexio ☆☆☆ – A clothing-optional oasis of comfort catering to men only. A wonderful team, shimmering pool, great vistas and beautiful pool make Casa Alexio a popular option for gay guests who seems to return year-after-year here. Being only a stone’s throw to the Old Ibiza town doesn’t hurt either!
- Axel Beach Ibiza ☆☆☆☆ – One of the latest offerings from Europe’s hetero-friendly hotel chain, Axel’s offering here in Ibiza is a resort right on the beach with 89 sophisticated and comfortable apartments with private terraces. The Sky Bar provides you with a place to tan and people-watch by day and with creative cocktails and flirting by night. Enjoy the pool and the view, then head inside for treatment at the glass spa. Delicious Mediterranean cuisine at the on-site restaurant provides you with energy for the Ibiza party scene and the elegant rooms allow you to recover no matter what hour you crawl in at.
Gay-Popular Hotels in Ibiza
- Sir Joan Hotel ☆☆☆☆☆ – A private paradise overlooking Ibiza’s port and Old Town. Situated prominently in the center of Ibiza, Sir Joan is an intimate retreat that reflects the island’s vibrant culture and sensuality. This free-spirited yet modern hotel embraces any and all—from party hoppers to bohemian recluses. Sir Joan’s 38 rooms and suites integrate the island’s nautical elements with stripped wood yacht floors and highly polished stainless-steel wall panels that visually emulate sunlit waves. Then there is the luxe bar, destination dining and tranquil plunge pool that is the perfect complement to the Ibiza sun. Sip, eat and lounge poolside and let your worries float away – the Sir Joan is our favorite hotel in Ibiza for design, extravagance, and indulgence.
- Hotel Mirador de Dalt Vila ☆☆☆☆☆ – An enchanting stay in unbeatable surroundings – In the heart of the Dalt Vila quarter in Ibiza, the 5-star Hotel Mirador de Dalt Vila is surrounded by the old city’s historical walls. This 19th-century townhouse uniquely combines splendor, unique surroundings, attention to detail and exclusivity for an unbeatable air of luxury – and remains one of the most sought-after addresses on the island. With only 12 exclusive rooms that combine design, luxury and comfort with marble bathrooms, wood-beamed ceilings and jacuzzi are in upgraded rooms. A continental breakfast is available daily and is also a vibrant lobby bar and a formal Mediterranean restaurant with outdoor seating to enjoy. If you are looking to luxuriate and relax rather than party the night away, this is one fabulous option!
- Catalonia Royal Ses Savines ☆☆☆☆ – A trendy, all-suites, adults-only hotel boasting stunning views to the sea. It is a peaceful, elegant establishment which opened in 2017 for people aged over 16. The hotel is located in the heart of the fishing town of Santa Eulària des Riu, on the promenade next to the marina and the convention center. The 39 rooms are spacious and comfortable and all have a balcony or terrace to take in the vista from. The hotel has two swimming pools, a cocktail bar on the terrace and a chillout area with hammocks and Balinese beds. Stunning right!
- Grand Palladium White Island Resort & Spa ☆☆☆☆ -A 24 hour All Inclusive resort located in the heart of Playa d’en Bossa, steps away from the longest stretch of beach in Ibiza, Grand Palladium White Island Resort & Spa is the perfect place for families, couples and groups of friends looking to enjoy everything Ibiza has to offer. The largest and most complete all-inclusive hotel on Ibiza with a complete offering of four à la carte restaurants, three show cooking restaurants, and six bars (including a Sports Bar open 24 hours), plus a freshwater pool and integrated jacuzzi, as well as a variety of other entertaining installations.
- Hotel Cenit ☆☆☆☆ – Discover a different kind of gay-friendly/gay hotel in Ibiza, with history, personality, a quiet location, and many special features. Soak up the tranquillity of the sea with the beautiful views from the hotel and a large terrace where the sea, sky, and horizon converge all in a privileged location, in the quiet área of a hill overlooking the sea, with stunning views of Formentera from Figueretas. Casual, low-key design and service – with affordable prices – make the Hotel Cenit a wonderful option for a relaxed Ibiza stay, and having one of the best gay pool bars in town on the roof is an added bonus. Sure, it is no longer exclusively gay but Hotel Cenit is extremely gay-popular and one of our first choices during any visit to Ibiza.
- Hotel THB Los Molinos ☆☆☆ – Open all year, this gay-popular hotel has a has a privileged location on the seafront overlooking the famous beach of Ses Figueretes. Here you can enjoy a wonderful day relaxing in their tempting pool, have a designer cocktail at the pumping beach bar or even enjoying a massage – perfect after a long night out in the clubs! Other amenities include a spa featuring an indoor pool, sauna and fitness area, lush gym and hot tub. A stay offering the best of Ibiza, allowing you to perfectly combine Mediterranean beauty with dizzying nightlife in an adults-only environment.
- Hotel Marigna ☆☆☆ – Previous an exclusively gay hotel, but today just a subtle, charming adults-only hotel in Ibiza for an affordable stay. Spacious, bright, comfortable and cozy, with a design inspired by the Mediterranean. There are only 44 rooms at the Hotel Marigna an adults-only hotel, each with the amenities you need and nothing more. There is also a pool, rooftop solarium, restaurant, and wonderful service.
- Amistat Island Hostel Ibiza ☆☆ – A funky, modern and affordable hotel right in the center of Sant Antoni (Ibiza) only 200 m from Caló des Moro beach and also very close to legendary venues such as the famous Café del Mar, internationally known for its spectacular sunsets. If you are traveling solo, don’t mind sharing a dorm and are on a budget this is our most popular hostel stay on the island – and one we would happily recommend to any travelers! Beautiful rooms, social activities, a pool, terrace, workshops and more – what more could you want really!
Gay Nightlife in Ibiza
We are not even sure where to start as the nightlife in Ibiza is amongst the best in the world – gay, straight or unicorn – you are not going to be bored here!
If you are as overwhelmed as we are, the only thing you need to know is the two main gay areas for nightlife is the small Calle de la Virgen gay street and nearby on Calle Alfonso XII, ancient city walls of Old Town. These areas contain more gay spirit than anywhere else in the city – but is by no means the only place to spend the night with your global queer family.
Like most cities in Gay Spain, Ibiza’s nightlife starts late and goes even later. Many restaurants here don’t get busy till around 10 pm, which bars filled from around 1 am and clubs getting going around 2.30am. The insanely-epic weekend gay events are the exception to this however and full up fast! Outside of peak season (May-June), nights might get started a little earlier – but are still plenty of fun to be had.
Cash is king here, and pickpockets are sadly rife throughout almost venue we visited – just be careful, leave your non-essentials at home and just take what you are actually going to use on the night. Take special care at bars and in dark rooms as – well, easy targets are those literally with their pants down. We have only focussed on explicitly gay venues here in Ibiza, but the city and country are so liberal don’t feel like you can’t make out with your partner in most bars or clubs here!
Refreshing and freeing, the gay nightlife in Ibiza has something for everyone!
Ibiza Gays Bars
- Cenit Pool Bar @ Hotel Cenit – A gay-popular hangout for both hotel guests and non-residents. Perfect for lazy afternoons and sunset drinks, with a slightly cruisy atmosphere and stunning views. Enjoy craft cocktails, pool snacks, people watching or a refreshing pool dip – the Cenit Pool Bar claims to be a little closer to heaven, and based on our experience, we have to agree!
- Chaos Bar Ibiza – A cute café bar drawing in LGBT crowds, particularly of Spanish and locals. The owner Vicky is a fabulous host and makes everyone feel welcome, making Chaos a good starting point for a gay night out in Ibiza. Close to Figueretas Beach with cheap drinks, a nice covered terrace, and laid-back vibes.
- Lady D – A popular gay bar at the beginning of the Calle de la Virgen gay street. You can’t miss its bright British phone box doors, or muscly bartenders who will welcome you in and tempt you to stay longer.
- Sunrise Ibiza – A fabulous gay hangout located in the middle of the legendary street Calle De La Virgen, most often just referred to as ‘the bar with the swings in the old town of Ibiza’. Known for its fantastic cocktails and the amazing atmosphere, Sunrise is also one of the most “Instagram friendliest” places in Ibiza and you are going to want to take a few pictures. Great DJ, cute just and welcoming vibes.
- Mad Ibiza – Another mainstay of Calle de la Virgen, with chilled vibes, great music, and attractive staff. Very chic, with a fabulous mojito cocktail and relaxed outdoor seating to people-watch and meet new friends. The hot and hunky staff also make us MAD for this spot too…
- León Bar – Another small gay bar in Ibiza Town, with a relaxed outdoor terrace and wonderful service. Open on Friday and Saturday nights from 10 pm, and a bit hidden off the end of Calle de la Virgin. Erwin the owner is a veteran of the Gay Ibiza scene, however, so makes it well worth popping in for a chat to get the inside gossip!
- Angelo – A straight-friendly gay bar and restaurant in Ibiza with a 40-year history. There are two zones to explore including a top-floor restaurant with incredible views over the old town and a large terrace downstairs perfect for sipping cocktails and socializing. Somewhat pricey, though the gorgeous staff (and patrons) make it worth it, as does the daily happy hour from 10 pm till midnight.
- JJ Bar – One of the original gay bars in Ibiza, having been open for more than 25 years. Still today, JJ’s remains a fabulous spot for delicious cocktails, relaxed vibes and soaking up the stunning views from their terrace.
- DADO – Also know as Dragon, this popular gay bar is run by friendly gay couples – Dado and his partner Jens. Found on the Calle de la Virgen gay street, pop in for beers, strong cocktails and their famous homemade Ginger Squash.
- Bar 22 – Another fun spot on Ibiza’s gay street “Calla de la Virgen” with gorgeous staff, strong cocktails and the ability to get you access to the hottest clubs after you move on later in the night. There is a wonderful ambiance created by Ana and Juanes, making this a good spot for solo travelers to go and meet other gay men to head out with. They also have the cutest dog named Milo, who can often be spotted around!
- SÔD SOAP @ DÔME – The most gay-popular terrace in Ibiza Town, which during the high season is absolutely buzzing. Oh-so-stylish and extremely busy, though the beautiful waiters try there best to get your drinks to you quickly … but expect to wait a bit. A meeting point for the entire community, Gay Ibiza just wouldn’t be the same without SÔD SOAP @ DÔME.
- Bar Monalisa Ibiza – A glitz and glamour gay cocktail bar, located in the historic center of Ibiza perfect for a pre-disco meet up with animated music and affordable drinks. The hosts know exactly how to make you feel welcome and tempt you to stay long into the night with faux-luxury Italian furnishing and wide smiles. The team can also often get you onto a guest list for a club party afterward if you ask nicely…
Gay Clubs & Parties In Ibiza
On this liberal island, most clubs are welcoming to LGBT party-goers, but the gay clubbing scene in Ibiza is dominated by a few gay parties nights in the islands mega-clubs. Vibrant dance party parades flow through the Ibiza Town gay gays around 1 am, handing out flyers to the night’s events so are hard to miss – but there are a few of the most well-known to plan your trip around.
The gay party schedules do changes regularly, however, so ask around to make sure you don’t miss anything good. It is also important to note that the gay parties in Ibiza only operate from May through October so outside of this season your gay holiday will be decidedly tamer.
- La TROYA @ Heart Ibiza – Every Wednesday night, happiness, illusion, magic, and transgression are bestowed upon thousands of queer admirers from all over the world at this fabulous Ibiza gay club night. Held by Brasilio de Oliveira, one of Ibiza’s most infamous party creators renown for breaking the mold and bring art, creativity, drag queens and sexy dancers together for one unforgettable party. Outdoing himself seemingly every week, this is one gay party you will not want to miss!
- Pacha – With its whitewashed facade and open floor plan main dancing area, Pacha Ibiza is a sexy message of love to the island. The affair began in 1973 and since then, the love has only flourished. The naked walls enclose a hippie soul combined with the spontaneity of the ’70s, and today’s technology. Hazy memories of beautiful faces, dazzling lights, balmy summer nights and ice-cold drinks on your lips accompany a rhythm that beats inside you. A night at Pacha is an authentic Ibicenco experience embodying the magical energy of this powerfully alluring setting in the Mediterranean uniting people of eclectic tastes with a common love for music. This is not gay club, nor does it have a dedicated gay night (though everyone is always welcome), but is worth visiting as Pacha was the original club that put Ibiza on the map and is still today frequently named one of the world ’s best clubs. It actually originated in the beach town of Sitges, before expanding to Barcelona and then Ibiza – though now has offshoots around the globe.
- TANGA! @ Es Paradis -An LGBT+ friendly party held ever Sunday known for its electric atmosphere and dedication to having fun. With a focus on pop and chart hits, not to mention pushing the envelope with some of the biggest names in 90’s dance/ pop such as Corona, Vengaboys, Gala, INNA, Loreen and Eleni Foureira, this is one event you won’t want to miss!
- Glitterbox @ Hï Ibiza – A world-class gay party where love lives held every Sunday during club season. Defining the true meaning of ‘dance music’ in 2018, Glitterbox’s 21st-century disco will move your mind your body and your soul with a heavyweight line-up of the freshest talent, classic house, ferocious drag queens, dancers, and performers. The epic crew all work to bring the latest anthems from the label to life on the dancefloor. With its immersive, uplifting confetti moments, all-inclusive crowd and soundtrack of nu-disco, classic house and fresh vocal sounds, Glitterbox at Hï Ibiza is synonymous with unforgettable moments and one of the Island’s most spectacular gay productions. Hï Ibiza is the ideal setting to experience everything that Glitterbox has to offer, its main room or ‘Theatre’ is a sensational contemporary ballroom for Glitterbox’s disco drama and the ‘Club’ room a welcoming backdrop for losing inhibitions and letting loose. Not forgetting the ‘Wild Corner’ unisex toilets with its fully-equipped DJ booth. Last year, over 150,000 people experienced a Glitterbox dancefloor, from a record-breaking second season at Hï Ibiza as well as sell-out parties in New York, Zurich, Sydney, Amsterdam, Lyon, Hamburg, London, Manchester and even the festival stages at Tomorrowland in Belgium – so you know Glitterbox Ibiza is going to be good!
- FRIGAYS @ Lola’s Disco Club – A newcomer to the gay dance party scene in Ibiza, welcoming in the weekend with frivolous queer fun. Known for spicy go-go dancers, pumping house music, beautiful people and a fun dark area. Started in the summer of 2017, we are not certain it will be returning in any official capacity this summer at the time of publication – but check their social media to see if events are listed.
- Matinée Ibiza @ Amnesia – Held every Saturday on Amnesia’s terrace, this gay circuit party is hosted by the world famous party creator: Matinée. For over 20 years, the Spanish gay circuit party promoter Matinée has redefined the international gay clubbing scene with its performances that create a unique universe uniting arts, sensuality, and technology. Since coming to Ibiza, Matinée has been the Saturday destination for an intensely open-minded night in Ibiza catering to nationalities, ages, and sexual preferences. Though make no mistake, Matinée knows its core client is gay men and makes sure to put their needs first and foremost! The biggest name in the international gay party scene hosting an annual world tour hitting destination as diverse as Lisbon, Rio De Janeiro, Antwerp, Milan, Sydney, Bogota and Mexico City for one night performances – but thankfully in Ibiza, there are here every Saturday night in season!
Cruising Gay Saunas in Ibiza
While the gay scene here is booming, the Ibiza gay sauna scene has not developed, and your options are very limited – if this is a significant consideration for you, better to choose a different destination like Tel Aviv, Berlin, Valencia or Fort Lauderdale.
Figurestas neighborhood within Ibiza Town itself offers quite a few gay-only hotels and exclusively gay guesthouses which are a great way to meet other guys and you are bound to meet plenty of cute guys just walking the streets here. You could also try a stay at the more secluded Casa Alexio, a gay clothing optional hotel in Ibiza. La Muralla was the only gay cruise club in Ibiza Town, but has been closed since 2017 with no signs of re-opening.
The Es Cavallet gay nudist beach in Ibiza is frequented by both local and foreign guys – although with gay locals you will generally be expected to host. And of course, gay hook up apps remain an ever popular and convenient means of connecting with other gay men nearby.