A humanistic metropolis of love, food, art, design, and shopping where queer people are embraced as a natural part of society, it’s no wonder Gay Paris is one of the world’s most famous LGBT travel destinations.
By day there are plenty of sexy French boys and girls picnicking in tranquil parks, wandering monument-lined boulevards or lazy in the iconic bistro’s of the gay Paris quarter but by night is when things really come alive. High-brow cocktails? Bears with beers? Dark underground fetish parties? The most prominent gay parties in Europe? Check, check, check and CHECK!
A traditionally liberal country which legalized same-sex activity in 1791 during the French Revolution and gay marriage in 2013, France is frequently named one of the most gay-friendly countries in the world.
Gay travelers need not take any more extra precautions in Paris than they would in any other Western European capital, especially in the Gay Paris area of Le Marais where most queer nightlife is located and in the LGBT-popular neighborhoods of Quartier Pigalle and Bois de Boulogne.
As a result of such accepting attitudes, Gay Paris offers a long and well-established LGBT presence with some of the oldest gay bars and cruising venues in the world, and one of the most significant gay prides in Europe held annually in July.
Even excluding the nightlife, the world-class museums, haute couture shopping, iconic architecture, fine dining and utterly intoxicating atmosphere will give tourists more than enough reason to visit Gay Paris – whether it’s for a night, a week or to live full-time!
Gay Paris Guide: The Essential Guide To Gay Travel In Paris France 2018
In this article we will cover...
Attractions in Gay Paris
Obviously being gay does not define which attraction most of us will want to see in each city and most queer tourists will simply want to check out the top things to see in Paris during the day! Paris is a very safe city but still, all travelers should take caution with valuables. Gay people in Paris do not need to take any extra precautions in terms of public displays of affection in this very progressive city and should have no issues exploring this magical cities beauty! Here are just a few of our favorite gay things to do in Paris!
Top Highlights of Paris
- Eiffel Tower – What could be more romantic than sipping Champagne at the top of this endearing moment to love at sunset? Call us hopeless sentimentalist’s but no trip to Gay Paris is complete without at least stopping by.
- Palace of Versailles – The most famous palace in the world, Louis XIV’s lavish palace with its Hall of Mirrors and King’s Grand Apartments is one most significant achievement in French 17th century art. Best combined with a visit to Monet’s garden, that inspired many of Monet’s most renown paintings.
- Moulin Rouge Show Paris – The days of shameless brothels and madams on every corner might be gone, but old Paris lives on in this vibrant and charismatic cabaret famed throughout the world. Or just watch the film before you go …Who are we to judge!
- Louvre Museum – Does it need any introduction? 35,000 artworks across eight themed galleries including some of the most famous on Earth. If your an art lover you will need a whole day to even attempt to see them all.
- Seine River Cruise – An utterly romantic way to see the city of lights by night. Sure some might find the love-of-the-night in the Paris gay bars but if your visiting with your partner why not make it specific with wine, live music, à la carte dining and a view you will never forget.
- Paris Food Tour – Explore the classic tastes of Paris including croissants and éclairs to cheese, baguettes and wine. A culinary tour of Paris’s Montmartre neighborhood is best done with a knowledgeable local, though nothing is stopping you from making your own!
- Disneyland Paris – Spoil your inner child with a visit to this most magical of places. Frequently named one of the best Disneyland’s in the world, but we try to visit every chance we get. Hong Kong, Shanghai, Orlando… Each Disney is very-gay popular, fuelled with adrenaline-pumping rides and your favorite Disney characters.
Gay Things To Do In Paris
- Tata Burger – A must-see burger joint catering to the gay community with cute waiters, fabulous decor, Fetish ken and barbie dolls plus great food! This is probably the first and only time we will recommend a burger place as a ‘gay thing to do’ but trust us, you won’t regret it!
- Open Cafe – A gay cafe that is at the heart of the Gay Paris scene. Busy all weekend long, if you want to meet gay locals and start drinking in the sun, this is the spot.
- Sensation Spa Homme – A gay spa in Paris exclusively for men. If you are looking for a quality male massage in Paris, including deep tissue and relaxation we can recommend these guys. Close to Eiffel Tower with relaxing jacuzzi and sauna, its the perfect place to head after a long day of sightseeing before a night out (or in..).
- Les mots à la bouche – A LGBT bookshop in Paris with an extensive collection of fiction, magazines, autobiographies, and DVDs. Mainly in French but you can find some more popular titles in English. Beautiful place to hang out and meet people.
- BHV Homme – A unique men’s department store with a mostly gay clientele. Cutting-edge brands, designer collections and the latest in fashion covering 5 floors.
- Les Dessous d’Apollon gay store – A gay mega-store with an entire floor dedicated to underwear so you have no excuse for not looking your best at the Paris gay parties. Also home to the ES Collection who we fell in love with after discovering them in Mykonos.
- Paris Pride – The biggest Gay Pride in France attraction 500,000 attendees every year. This week-long party celebrates the role of the LGBT community in making Paris what it is today, and is entirely worth planning a trip around. Held annually in July, the highlights are the massive street festival, a vibrant parade, and all the club parties – but there are plenty of other more cultural events too! Today it is mostly about celebrating everything queer and fabulous but of course still much needs to be done to achieve total equality and there is a strong focus on the political roots of Paris Pride.
A city as large as Paris has plenty more to explore!
We recommend getting a full guidebook if you are staying for more than a night or two. It probably won’t have any information on Gay Paris – that’s what we are here for – but it will have useful tips and an exhaustive list of the best attractions across France to assist you on your fabulous adventure!
Gay-friendly and Gay Hotels in Paris France
Being one of the most gay-friendly countries in the world, almost every hotel and hostel in Paris can be considered open and welcome to LGBT travelers. After all being gay-friendly is about simply providing a non-judgmental and respectful environment in which all people are treated equally. Elegant design, helpful staff, and excellent value for money never hurt anyone though! Some hotels in Paris have gone above and beyond in recognizing and marketing to the LGBT community and given their popularity with gay travelers we would say it has paid off!
There are quite a few popular hotels in Paris that are go-to hot spots for gay travelers…and really, doesn’t everyone like to be surrounded by people with common interests! These are the hotels we have checked out and included here. While there are no exclusively gay hotels in Paris, any hotel in the Le Marais gay district of Paris is sure to have more than a few gay guests staying – plus being a stumble home from all the gay bars in pretty desirable.
There are hundreds of other good hotel option in Paris
if you don’t find what you are looking for but we are confident you’ll find something here for you. Whether you want a fun and social hostel, a cheap place to crash after a night of partying or a chic designer option to sip cocktails and surround yourself with fabulous people – Gay Paris as something for everyone!
Luxury Hotels in Paris
- Nolinski Paris ☆☆☆☆☆ – A temple of Art and French life, this is one of the finest modern hotels in Paris. Bright, luminous rooms scented with spices and musk reached by a cloud swept staircase from a modernist reception. Each space in this hotel offers surprises and design delights the likes of which we have never seen before. We cannot exaggerate how unique and beautiful this hotel is – but suffice to it is our favorite gay stay in all of Paris. With every facility, you could imagine, and a few more… In the heart of Old Paris and the original gay Paris scene, but only a 15-minute walk to the new Le Marais gay area.
- W Paris Opera ☆☆☆☆☆ – A fusion of New York energy and Parisian elegance, this boutique hotel offers experimental interior design wrapped in a classic Haussmann architectural building. A global luxury brand famous for its local approach, cheeky attitude and insanely high standards. In Paris, their electric atmosphere, frenetic nightlife at their deep house bar, chic restaurants as well as a killer location – will leave you breathless! Needless to say, the W Paris is very gay-popular.
- Hôtel Balzac ☆☆☆☆☆ – A 5-star opulent 19th-century mansion offering refined elegance and an unforgettable stay in Paris. Plush rooms, acclaimed gourmet restaurant and one of the best-rated locations in Paris! If you’re looking to indulge in Old World Paris, this is the hotel for you!
- Ritz Paris ☆☆☆☆☆ – One of Paris’s most legendary hotel this iconic 1898 hotel set back from the Champs-Élysées needs no introduction. Palatial suites, elegant rooms with pastel-toned French decor, a chic spa featuring Chanel beauty treatments and posh indoor pool.. just to name a few. Ranked among the most luxurious hotels in the world and with the suite Impériale listed by the French government as a national monument, there is no need to visit Versailles when you can basically sleep in it. If staying here is not an option, you can also just got a drink at the magical Bar Hemingway.
Mid-range Hotels in Paris
- Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel ☆☆☆☆ – A international renown hotel about as close to the Eiffel Tower as you can get. Modern rooms with iconic views this hotel is the perfect romantic place to relax and enjoy your French getaway.
- Hotel Joyce ☆☆☆☆ – In an unusual spot in the 9th arrondissement, this is a hotel at the crossroads of Paris. A charming hotel with careful design focusing on bold colors, patterns, and features. Think luxury car furniture recycled as improvised seats, inverted Eiffel Tower, perspective-bending Trompe-l’œil paintings around your bed and a cafe quality breakfast under a very Eiffel-like glass roof!
- COQ Hotel Paris ☆☆☆☆ – Beautiful Scandinavian chic hotel in the 13th district. Very trendy with lower prices than central Paris and a fresh yet relaxes atmosphere.
- Hotel Joke ☆☆☆ – Close to the Star City and King Sauna complex, this bohemian hotel offers outlandish design in common areas yet warm and welcoming designer rooms.
- citizenM Paris ☆☆☆ – One of the most popular gay stays in Paris thanks to its futuristic style. Plenty of spots to take that perfect Instagram pose, the citizenM offers affordable luxury at low-cost. There’s no concierge, no room service, and you check yourself in. In exchange, however, you get designer, compact rooms complete with high-tech gadgetry, plush, king-size beds and plenty of free on-demand movies, water, and WiFi (just to name a few!)
Best Hotels In Gay District of Paris
- Maison Albar Hotel Paris Céline ☆☆☆☆☆ – The most luxurious hotel in the Paris gay area, with elegant French balconies overlooking this intoxicatingly romantic city. Chich decor with fun velvet, marble and brass accents + rainfall showers and espresso machines in every room. Not only that but there is a spa, gym, hammam and indoor pool. Modern French design which oozes class and sophistication, in the heart of Gay Paris. You couldn’t ask for more.
- Best Western Premier Ducs de Bourgogne ☆☆☆☆ – Period hotel with genteel rooms, rustic dining, and location in the thick of everything. While we were surprised to find a big-chain hotel like this so gay-popular its position is divine, but it really has the feel of a boutique hotel with Louis Philippe style décor and cozy rooms.
- Snob Hotel by Elegancia ☆☆☆☆ -A luxury hotel that is not afraid to make fun of itself. This chic brand-new hotel is very gay-popular with its blend of modern and vintage Parisian decor. Snob hotel doesn’t offer all the usual amenities, but its prices are some of the lowest for this quality in Paris and Snob is unsurprisingly very gay-popular. Large rooms, helpful staff, and prime location.
- Hôtel Duo ☆☆☆ – Only two blocks from most of the Paris gay bars, this contemporary hotels offers casual rooms, gym, sauna and continental breakfast. In the very heart of the gay Marais district, the Hôtel Duo is perfect for those who came to Paris to party!
- Hôtel Crayon ☆☆☆ – Quirky and fun hotel with plenty of colors and vintage furniture. Suites with free-standing tub, hardwood floors, and lounge fireplace, but gay guests will also love the location a few blocks from the Louvre, affordable price and the ‘staying in a modern art museum’ feel.
- Beruchet ☆☆ – One of the cheapest rooms in the Paris Gay district. Quiet location, basic but clean apartments with dining table and kitchenette.
Budget Hotels In Paris
- ibis Bastille Opera ☆☆☆ – A international hotel specializing in budget rooms at the best price. This location is closest to the gay scene and perfect for LGBT travelers who want simple rooms with no surprises.
- Hotel Terre Neuve ☆☆☆ – Basic, budget, clean. Everything you need and nothing more to keep costs down. Helpful staff, right next to metro station and modern design throughout.
- Solar Hotel ☆☆☆ – Vibrant, budget hotel close to the Modern Art Museum, Luxembourg Gardens and the fun Les Bains d’Odessa Gay sauna. Basic rooms with a beautiful terrace for breakfast, but location and price is the main reason to stay.
- Hôtel Sainte-Marie ☆☆ – This budget hotel mixes modern design with wooden beams and stone walls. Continental breakfast, the metro station is one minute away and is gay-popular thanks to its position close to IDM Sauna and Euro Men’ Clinic.
- Generator Hostel Paris ☆☆ – If you plan to be out all night anyway and don’t mind sharing a dorm then why not stay in the most refreshing hostel in Paris. Beautiful views with genuinely inspired design this upscale hotel chain is taking Europe by storm and Paris is one of their best yet. If you want to meet other travelers to explore Paris’s nightlife and save your euro’s for the gay bars consider choosing Generator Hostel for your gay hostel Paris experience!
Where not even sure where to start as the gay nightlife in Paris is amongst the best in the world. If you are as overwhelmed as we are, the only thing you need to know is the Marais district is the perfect hub of LGBT nightlife in Paris…But by no means the only place to enjoy a fabulous night out.
Gay club parties in Paris are all the range with different locations every evening, but we have only listed the most popular and fabulous, as there are almost too many to count!
Use our Gay Paris Map at the end if you’re lost, but there is plenty of plenty of bars, cocktail lounges, drag shows and bear dens littered across Paris to satisfy even the most discerning of gay travelers.
Oh, and speaking of discerning…You know that rude Parisian stereotype? Just as accurate in the bars and clubs. It’s one big meat market out there so don’t take it personally. Much like gay guys in Las Vegas, Milan and Tel Aviv, people here are almost aggressively direct and to the point.
Gay Bars In Paris
- RAIDD Bar – One of the most tourist gay bars in Paris known for this sexy go-go dancer shower shows and hot bartenders. Can be a lot of fun but be careful as no cover charge means anyone can get in. Reports of pick-pockets are sadly common, and you get plenty of more destitute Parisian sniffing around for a wealthy tourist meal ticket.
- Duplex – Upscale gay bar with art exhibitions, good conversation, and simple decor. The music is funky and always different, just like the clientele. Also plenty of people who speak English if your French is not up-to-scratch.
- La Boite – Fun little gay bar with drag queens, happy-hour, karaoke and a mix of people from across the LGBT spectrum.
- freedj – Frequently crowded with fun gay bar has an upstairs bar and basement dance room, but you better get in early as it fills up fast. Happy Hour from 6-10 pm is a great way to meet other people and to decide on the best clubs and gay dance events in Paris to check out later in the night.
- Les Souffleurs – A small yet vibrant little gay bar that feels just like home. A safe space for awkward people who want to meet other queer folk and just enjoy a night out with the meat-market tendencies.
- Banana Cafe – Another gay bar in Paris that has been around for years. Recently renovated with a bit of everything, club nights, drag, karaoke and go-go boys (it is called banana after all…).
- Cox – A favorite gay bar for butch men-who-like-men type but its been an institution of the Gay Paris scene for over 30 years. When we say popular we mean it, most nights the sidewalk is completely crowded outside and your lucky to even get in – but its great for conversation and getting to know strangers.
- Univers Jeunes – Fun bar/club full of young twinks and fun party events with uniform themes. Also frequently throw Pool Parties in the gay sauna’s of Paris with information on their facebook page.
- Sly Bar – A newcomer to gay life in Paris but already drawing in fabulous drag queens and a diverse crowd who want to relax and chat in a casual environment. Karaoke to break the ice, friendly bartenders and excellent cocktails to boot!
- Ze Baar – A local favorite gay bar that is part of the gay-friendly French restaurant Zerestoo.Small and cozy, this is an excellent place for cheap drinks in the heart of the gay Paris scene.
- Le Velvet – An upscale gay cocktail bar with hip-hop music and a cozy atmosphere. A mix of all ages. Gay, lesbian, straight, everyone is welcome.
- The LABO – Gay bar with fun events, cute guys, and traditional gay bar vibes. Transitions to a fun club at night but it more drag cabaret fun than then shirtless guys peacocking. Entertaining outdoor bar seating area which always seems to be a crowded – day or night!
- Au Mange-Disque – A popular LGBT bar in Paris with karaoke, cabaret and drag shows on the weekend and bingo during the week. Expect plenty of lighthearted camp fun!
- L’Insolite – Plain and simple gay bar run by the same guy for over 30 years. Mature popular, do for the cheap drinks and conversation during the week – though it can get hectic on weekends.
Bear Gay Bars In Paris
- One Way – A rustic leather bear den with uniform decorations around the upstairs bar and a small underground level with dark places and a cinema.
- El Hombre – Bears really have it great in Paris. Another gay bar for the furrier among us with fun pop music, daily happy hour and an older crowd.
- Le Bear’s Den – Another famous bear clubhouse in Paris. Relaxing lounge and fun disco ball. Wheather you’re a cub, otter, bear or fan this is a relaxing space which always has something going on.
Lesbian Bars In Paris
- La Champmeslé – The most famous lesbian par in Paris and still going strong. Attracting a mostly older crowd, this is a cozy spot to meet other lesbians in Paris, enjoy cabaret, fortune telling and the occasional art exhibition.
- Le 3W Kafé – Another favorite lesbian bar in Paris though many gay guys can be found here too. Fun flaming cocktails, plenty of events with young and tragically broke vibes.
- Chez Moune – The longest-running lesbian bar and cabaret in Paris, opening way back in 1937 in the former Pigalle gaybourhood. Sadly a recent change of ownership has allowed men in, and alternative parties that attract 20-something hipster, but this is truly an LGBT icon worth visiting none-the-less.
Gay Clubs In Paris
Gay Parties In Paris
- Matinée Paris – The biggest and most anticipated gay dance party, held in Paris. Full of hot, muscles guys looking for action and the first chance to show off their toned bodies. Insanely popular, this dance party has a global reach with a huge gay party in Las Vegas every year, a strong following in Barcelona and a world tour. Previously known as Scream this is one event to plan your gay travels in Europe around!
- RedWolf – Irregular thematic gay parties in Paris generally held at either YOYO or Palais de Tokyo clubs. Quality events with international artists, big global brands, and epic vibes. After only a few years, RedWolf has a solid reputation in the Gay Paris scene, and events frequently sell out so be sure to book in advance.
- Bizarre Love Triangle @ Maxim’s – Monthly gay party in Paris attracting a trendy hipster crowd and many sexually-fluid members of the LGBT community. A chance to party the night away in at Maxim’s often named one of the most famous restaurants in the world. The red Art Nouveau interior decor is serving iconic 1920’s French bohemian vibes where anything and everything is possible.
- Trou Aux Biches @ La Java – Monthly queer party with no attitude, come-as-you-are vibes. Low-key electro/techno music.
- La Boîte à Frissons @ Tango – Not your usual club event but a fun ballroom / gay dancing event being held for over 30 years. Lesbian and gays welcome with no VIPS or attitude. Fem boys, butch girls, straight supporters -everyone is welcome here. A wide range of music, plenty of couples and a friendly atmosphere to chat, have fun and dance!
- Fluid Parties – Organised by gay DJ Jon Dixon in different locations around Paris every month or so. Mixed / older crowds with beards and not a shirt in sight.
- beardrop @ YOYO – The biggest party of the month for bears, club, wolves, pandas and leather daddies. Held in a variety of locations with house music and progressive DJ’s drawing large, no-attitude crows.
- Menergy @ Gibus Club – Sexy, shirtless no holds barred dance parties with house music, mixed ages and plenty of dance floor action.
- La Nuit Des Follivores / Crazyvores + – Insanely popular dance events held around Paris, and now in different Europe locations. There usually is one each weekend at either Who’s, Gibus Club or Bataclan. Lines can be extremely long, but once inside it is packed with young guys enjoying a mix of French and international music.
- Doctor Love / LIM @ Club Haussmann – Open minded gay dance parties to meet, laugh, love, dance and have fun. Fun themes, grandiose decorations and fresh Pop / R&B music at Doctor Love. On Sunday LIM is more low-key with vintage and classic gay anthems.
- Black Blanc Beur (BBB) @ Gibus Club – A hot and sexy dance party every Sunday celebrating hot, black beautiful boys with a mainly Black / Arabic audience. Mostly R&B, hip-hop and Afro Caribbean Flava music, these are the hottest way to spend your Sunday evening in Paris. Seriously, look at their Instagram…We mean HOTTEST!
Gay Saunas in Paris
Had enough of gay cruising in Paris – either in the bars or elsewhere? For those who want a bit more guaranteed action, the gay saunas in Paris will not disappoint you (unlikely all those faceless Grinder accounts…).
Foreigners are typically welcoming through-out the Paris gay scene, but many guys don’t speak English in the saunas so you’ll need to be good at reading non-verbal cues. You might also want to busy up on etiquette with our gay sauna guide.
If your planning gay travel in Paris you will be delighted to know there were more gay sauna that we could keep a count of in Paris. While we are sure we missed a few these are the most popular gay sauna in Paris, and you spend weeks just exploring each and every one.
The biggest saunas are located in the gay area of Paris (Le Marais) and most get crowded on weeknights after 5 pm and on Sunday afternoons. We also found Google Maps helpful for displaying the busiest times for most locations.
Gay sauna or not, in any sexual encounter please take adequate precautions. No matter what your intentions are in Gay Paris, you should bring your own condoms and lube to play it safe.
Besides, you never know what other fun surprises your trip might have in store for you…
- Sun City – One of the most popular gay sauna in Paris with three floors, two jacuzzis, and a large swimming pool. Frankly, the opulent/exotic Indian interior, friendly staff, and sexy-as-hell guys make this one of our favorite saunas in the world. You can also find a fully equipped gym, wet and dry sauna, cinema, bar and dedicated floor of dark rooms, corridors, sling and an S&M cabin. Lockers with code, events most days of the week and discounts for under 26’s!
- Les Bains d’Odessa – Another very popular sauna in Paris with plenty of bears, mature guys, and chunky younger men. Possibly the biggest sauna also with 5 floors containing a large steam room, sauna showers, pool, dark rooms, bar, and lots of private cabins. We loved the deep red colors and velvet curtains leading to an old world Paris whorehouse-esque vibe! Most popular during their bear gay party on Saturday nights. The sister sauna of the popular Oasis sauna in Brussels.
- Key West Sauna – A large, accessible if somewhat plain sauna spread over 4 floors. Many international gays in Paris tell us this is their favorite spot with a pool, spa, sauna, gym, dark room and more.
- IDM Sauna – Another sizeable gay sauna covering 4 floors with bar, gym, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna downstairs. The higher up you go, the naughtier it gets with cinema, private cabins, play zones and dark places. Has the best live gay sex shows in Paris which are exactly as crazy as you would expect.
- Gym Louvre Paris – A gay gym in Paris with an attached bathhouse and sauna downstairs. Centrally located there is indeed a focus on working out here so you can find plenty of muscle boys, but is often quite empty. Gym Lourve also offers some of the most pleasurable male massages in Paris with masseuses training in Swedish, shiatsu, sports recovery and Californian-style.
- Les Bains Thai – Another themed sauna in Paris, this time with a Thai vibe. Newly opened with hammam, sauna, bar and relaxing spaces for all guests. Their lovely masseurs provide affordable and professional male massage in Paris, specializing in Thai style (though not quite as good as those found in Bangkok, Phuket or Pattaya).
- Le King Sauna – One of the only all-night gay sauna in Paris and some of the lowest prices. Try to attend their nude events from 8 pm on Monday / Tuesdays when it is most busy. Has hammam, dry sauna, bar, basement cruise areas, glory holes and private cabins.
- Bains Montansier – A simple and basic bear sauna in Paris. With a bar, sauna, private room and cinema. Friendly service and everyone is welcome here. Woof!
- Euro Men’s Club – A mature-popular gay sauna with a discreet entrance to ensure anonymity. Pool, sauna, cinema, jacuzzi, and bar. Very clean with modern facilities and no gimmicks.
- Star City – A sauna for everyone in Paris. Lesbian, gay, straight, couple, transvestites and transsexuals. From the owners of Sun City (who also run exclusively straight and swingers sauna’s around Paris) Star City is very gay-popular during the week and has a separate men-only cruising area. Aztec themed with bar hot tub, steam room, private pools, and cinema spread across three floors.
- Atlantide Sauna – Another mixed sauna popular with trans and lesbians in Paris. There is a match for everyone here and plenty of gay parties in Paris including afternoon dominatrix sessions with Mistress Barbara, tea-party discos, orgies and naturist evening.
- Le Riad – A small yet very relaxing gay sauna also offering hot male massages in Paris. Clean and relaxing with an oriental theme, pool, sauna, and bar.
- TiL’T Sauna – The first gay saunas in Paris open since 1974. Open all night with dry sauna, private cabins, video rooms, a steam bath and three floors. Located in rue Sainte Anne, which was the old Paris gay neighborhood before Le Marais.
Gay Cruising and Fetish Clubs in Paris
If the bars or gay parties in Paris are too vanilla for you, perhaps these fetish clubs and cruise lounges are a better fit?
We have to warn you; however, Paris has one of the most intense fetish scenes we have ever come across – up there with Prague, Vienna, Rome and Hannover – and it is not for everyone.
We have tried to identify places for the more ‘initiated,’ but really there is nothing vanilla here. Most of these ultra-hardcore cruising venues / gay sex clubs in Paris are located close to the Le Marais gay area, but you can use our Gay Paris map at the end to find the closest to you.
- Le Mensch – A sordid medieval-themed cruise bar that is really hardcore. Most busy on its Thursday theme night but expect non-vanilla action most of the week. Not for the faint of heart.
- Full Metal – The fetish club in Paris everyone knows and raves about. Leave your inhibitions at home as you enter this seamy underground cellar where every fantasy is catered for. Hot, masculine fun with two dark rooms and a full calendar of events.
- Le Dépôt – A famous cruise club with dark rooms, large cruise area and private rooms in the basement. One of the only cruising places in Paris to have a busy dance floor on the weekends so you can go for no-strings-attached fun and see what happens.
- Mec Zone – A popular cruise bar for a wide range of activities with a nightly Happy Hour, backroom with a sling and private cubicles. Popular with tourists, they offer events such as toys, ethnic and naked so you can plan your visit accordingly.
- Le Keller – Another hardcore cruise club where fetish fans can delight in extreme events with a focus on Bondage, Fisting, and S&M. A rigorous dress code is in place to ensure maximum pleasure. A historic club which has been a core part of the Paris gay scene for over 40 years with all the equipment you could dream of…and then some.
- E20 Entre Deux Eaux – Gay nude bar in Paris where everyone including the bartender bares all. Sexy hot guys, friendly atmosphere and pretty unique. It’s also the smallest cruise bar in Paris, so the action is pretty easy to come by even if it’s quiet.
- Blue Square – Small gay sex club in Paris with bar, lounge, cinema and cruising corridor with cubicles. No website but its located on 8 Rue Brantôme.
- L’Impact – A friendly-cruising bar Upton and depraved sex dungeon downstairs. This is one of the most popular cruise spots in Paris with regular gay parties and a loosely enforced naked policy. It’s busy pretty much all the time and action can go down anytime, anywhere. They have a popular discounted 3-day weekend pass. Check their website for upcoming gay events to find the theme for you.
- Krash – A popular cruise club thanks to its free admission, no dress code and Happy Hour from 3 pm to 10 pm. Softcore fetish-oriented, this is about as vanilla as Gay Paris gets.
- Le NEXT – One of the more basic cruising locations in Paris, but its open 24 hours a day over the weekend so if you’re desperate after all the Paris gay parties end you can always head here. More expensive than pretty much everywhere else and not very popular.
- Bunker Paris – Sleazy cruise lounge for fetish fans. Brush up on your hanky code before going so you can know what you’re getting into. Events covering every fetish imaginable – and some we didn’t even know existed. A hardcore venue with prison theme, cabins, sling and dark room.
- SecteurX – Raunchy cruise club with rough, active guys. This is not for the anyone looking for a vanilla experience. Plenty of bears and welcoming to foreign guys – both over drinks and in the basement with cubicles downstairs.
- MicMan Bar – A small gay sex club in Paris with sling and cubicle in the basement. Very small and popular with macho guys and bears, but very friendly.
- La Mine – A good cruise bar for those curious but initiated in the fetish world. A standard almost trendy bar out front with street side seating and daily Happy Hour. Out the back is fun fetish play zone that many guys here will be happy to show you. Look out on their website for specific events which tend to draw a crowd.