Córdoba Argentina, the second-largest city in Argentina, located right in its heartland, might not be an internationally renowned gay destination- but think about it for a minute…
Argentines are some of the most beautiful people in the world, and Córdoba is a large student city when most boys are getting their first taste of living away from home… The result? An edgy-wild town full of beautiful men (and women!) with plenty of time to party their asses off until the early hours of the morning – and then to do it again, and again, and again!
More laid back than Buenos Aires, Córdoba is a beautiful historic city surrounded by mountains, lakes, farmland, and raw nature with a great climate, so there is plenty of draw-cards for adventure lovers here. Nightlife – and the cities gay scene – is focussed around the trendy, up-and-coming neighborhood of Güemes so you will want to base yourself near here, if not for the bars and clubs, then for the eclectic array of fine dining and boutique shopping.
Gay rights in Argentina are some of the best in the world, and Argentina was the first country in Latin America to legalize gay marriage – and society here is generally very inclusive and accepting of LGBT people. However, the Latino obsession with aggressive masculine pride does continue. Friendly, passionate, and extremely welcoming of foreigners, Gay Córdoba is waiting for you.
Gay Córdoba Guide: The Essential Guide To LGBT Travel In Córdoba Argentina
In this article we will cover...
Attractions in Córdoba Argentina
Being gay does not define which attraction most of us will want to see in each city, and most queer travelers will simply want to check out the top things to see in Córdoba during the day! All travelers in Córdoba should take caution in less-developed areas with valuables and take taxis or rideshare apps (especially if you do not speak Spanish) at night – and always listen to local advice when exploring.
Gay travelers in Córdoba should take special care in less-developed areas in terms of public displays of affection where many residents may be less exposed to LGBT culture and may hold conservative attitudes…Though any reaction is more likely to be curious than outrage. Overall, Córdoba is relatively safe, and a common-sense approach to travel will generally ensure you have no issues exploring this beautiful and diverse city.
- Güemes – The closest thing to a gay neighborhood, though it is really just super hip and trendy – but you can frequently see gay couples holding hands here. The art galleries and shops are a must-see and don’t miss Muy Güemes, a delightful covered dining precinct which has great vibes and food options.
- Evita Fine Arts Museum – A beautiful museum exhibiting many famous Argentine & Spanish paintings across several floors and galleries. Recently renovated and re-opened, there is also a nice sculpture garden and library.
- Cathedral of Córdoba – The pride and joy of the city, you should not miss a visit to this late-1700s cathedral exhibiting beautiful baroque a neoclassical architecture. Beautiful both inside and out.
- Super Park Córdoba – Dated but still fun, a visit to this amusement park is a great way to meet local students and to have a bit of fun. It’s no Disneyland, though!
- Paseo del Buen Pastor – The recreational hub of urban Córdoba where everyone comes to hang out and enjoy music and the fountains in the evening. Formerly a jail, the area was remodeled in 2005 to build a new art gallery (housed in an old chapel) and a large shopping gallery with luxury stores and restaurants.
- Córdoba Jesuit Block – Explore a UNESCO World Heritage site and learn about the 400-year-old history of Jesuits in what one of the first Spanish colonies in this area of South America. A free guided tour is the way to – included with an entrance fee – to really understand the historical context of this magnificent place.
Gay-Friendly And Gay Hotels in Córdoba Argentina
In Córdoba, you would be hard-pressed to find a reputable hotel that had any issues with gay guests. Of course some Córdoba hotels are more popular with queer travelers due to their location and inclusive environment or vibe, which are the hotels featured here. These gay-friendly hotels in Córdoba are often frequented by members of the LGBT community and have stellar reputations.
Each hotel and area offers something particular, so be sure to choose the right style and location to meet your needs. Prices are cheap compared to North American and European hotels (thought quickly rising), and standards are high – so it’s a great place to splurge! Of course, there are also more hotel and hostel options in Córdoba if none of these suit your desired budget, facilities, or area – but most others have a less-than-desirable reputation.
- Roomie Terrace & Hostel ☆– Whether you’re a gay on a budget or just looking to meet friends to go out and party with, the Roomie Terrace & Hostel is an inclusive hostel in Córdoba Argentina with funky design and a beautiful roof-top terrace to chill and meet other travelers.
- Howard Johnson La Cañada Hotel & Suites ☆☆☆– A gay-friendly hotel located in the center of Córdoba with a roof-top pool and modern, if boring, design. Popular for the price and location, but too sterile for our liking.
- Yrigoyen 111 Hotel ☆☆☆ – Our most popular hotel, gay-friendly, and exceptionally well located right in the heart of the Güemes neighborhood. Great price, roof-top pool with stunning views, luxurious rooms, and hardwood floors. We think it deserves more stars, but just read the reviews you will be convinced if you don’t believe us already!
- Azur Real Hotel Boutique ☆☆☆☆ – Luxurious and easily the best boutique hotel in Córdoba. Expect modern urban design with soft touches, an award-winning spa, unique rooms with all the amenities, and probably to bump into other LGBT travelers in this well-known gay-friendly hotel.
- NH Córdoba Panorama ☆☆☆☆ – A stylish and central location with a rooftop pool, spa, gym, and city views. Gay-popular, great prices for the amenities provided and including a full breakfast.
- Sacha Mistol Art Hotel ☆☆☆☆ – Oh so funky and cool; this is our favorite gay-friendly hotel in Córdoba, even though it doesn’t have a roof-top terrace. Instead, you will find an intriguing mix of modern pop fun in the bedroom, an old-world entrance hall, and an industrial-chic hidden outdoor space complete with sunken swimming pool. Art invades every space in this restored mansion, so get exploring!
- Holiday Inn Cordoba ☆☆☆☆ – Contemporary resort-type feel on the edge of town with a large outdoor pool and plenty of sun-beds to take in the Argentinian sun! Great if you not into the nightlife as it’s quite far out and just want to relax in a gay-friendly hotel with international standards.
Gay Bars and Gay Clubs in Córdoba Argentina
Anyone who knows anything about Latin America knows they love to party here, and the students of Córdoba Argentina seem like they have nothing else to do but live for the nightlife! Just be prepared that people don’t even eat dinner here until 10 pm, and a club in Córdoba won’t get busy before 2 am.
We found an evening nap just like the locals do is the best way to prepare for the long night ahead. New clubs are consistently opening here, so it pays to ask around when you arrive (hotel staff is a good bet), but at the moment, here are the most popular nightlife spots and gay clubs in Córdoba Argentina for travelers and locals. Things will get crazy – but go with it! Just don’t forget your common sense.
- Capitan – A gay-popular but mainly just a chic gastro-pub with sociable long tables, tasty artisan beer, and an alternative vibe. Housed in a converted concrete-industrial building, head here for Happy Hour, which runs 8-10 pm (though doors open at 6).
- Milk Bar – A gay-popular cocktail bar with delicious drinks. The funky art deco interior adds to the ambiance and is a great place to meet-up for a drink before the party starts!
- Kiui Güemes – Another gay-popular cocktail destination that opens earlier than Milk. Head here from the late afternoon for divine cocktails, drinks, and unbeatable ambiance in this substantial indoor dining destination called Muy Güemes with a glass roof and a whole other bunch of smaller bars and restaurants in the trendy Güemes neighborhood where all the best parting happen!
- Beep Pub! – Just like your local pub, if your local had fantastic drag shows and didn’t start getting busy until well after midnight. Expect friendly staff, Latin pop, and always a good time at this gay bar-pub in Córdoba.
- Dorian Gray Club – Packed on the weekend tighter than a can of sardines, you might find the stray heterosexual here but, for the most part, a fabulous gay club full of love, positive energy, and in a great location.
- Zen Disco – Twinkies, drag queens, questionable theme parties, and a whole lot of balls (disco that is!). If you want to rub up against some young thing till the early hours, this is the place for you. A pretty great DJ and quiet lounge space – oh and an on-site restaurant weirdly enough so if it’s not your night, at least you won’t go home hungry!
- Club Belle Epoque – Not a gay club, but if you want something a bit different from Latin trash pop, this is artsy/alternative hang out with plenty of independent musicians hipsters with beards and colorful ladies. Inclusive and perfect for a group of gay and straight friends!
The following gay bars in Córdoba Argentina are now closed: Close Disco, Piaf Disco, Woof Bar, Disquera Córdoba, and Zar disco. Hard to keep up, right? Please update us when new gay bars and clubs in Córdoba open!
Gay Saunas in Córdoba Argentina
Following the trend seen in many Western countries, the gay saunas in Córdoba Argentina seem to be slowly closing down as apps such as Grindr et al. become more popular. Luckily, however, there is still two sauna’s open in Córdoba and provide more than enough fun for those who are interested.
While Argentina is a relatively gay-friendly country, and Córdoba even more so with its student population – there is still a robust Latin America desire for men to be macho… meaning that saunas in Córdoba are an excellent opportunity for more shy guys to come out and have a good time! As with all saunas in Latin America, it is best to leave all your valuables in your hotel safe, if possible, as a precaution.
- Estambul Sauna – A popular gay sauna in Córdoba with a low-key atmosphere. Enjoy an on-site bar along with a complete array of amenities for maximum fun, including both wet + dry sauna, a XXX cinema room, a large maze, lockers, solarium, and high-pressure showers.
- Club 466 Spa – Quiet and popular with more mature guys. Open late with private rooms, sauna, glory hole, maze, dark room, bar, and relaxation area. Small and old, but there is a nice sundeck to get a tan and drink a beer while you relax.
- HEDON Spa – Bucking the trend, Hedon Spa has recently opened with pretty modern facilities, nice Balinese decor, and a modern sauna. Cozy and a great place to de-stress and meet locals.
VA.X and Sauna Cool Water have now closed down.
Gay Córdoba Argentina Map